Friday, 14 March 2014

Word of the Week

This was supposed to be last week's word, but as I was a bit pushed for time and didn't end up posting much so I've decided to carry it over to this week instead.

My word of the week is



Why?  Well just when I start to wonder whether I should be blogging at all, lovely things start to happen because of it.  Last week it was everything from a couple of good PR contacts and related opportunities from those, to somebody giving me a nice complement about my blog.

It made me realise that my blog is becoming worthwhile - be it for a small amount of promotion for something or a recipe shared or a post that makes a reader chuckle, it means something to somebody other than me.  I'm not as popular as some, I'll admit, but I'm getting there and really starting to enjoy everything along the way.


The Reading Residence

11 comments:

  1. Well done! It sounds like everything is going great!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just need about another 48 hours in the week to do all the things I'd like to do with my blog now!

      Delete
  2. Just remember that everybody starts at the same place - no readers, no comments, no effect on the world ... and then that all changes. You certainly are worthwhile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true and very easy to forget sometimes, and thank you!

      Delete
  3. This is a great word! I Feel the same - when I get any feedback from my blog by anyone else it makes it all worth it especially if the person feels I've helped them in some way x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, a great word and post. Of course it's worthwhile, though it's often easier for an outsider who enjoys reading to see that than yourself, believe me , I know! I doubt mine all the time, too, but I keep going because I enjoy it :) Glad you've had a much-needed and deserved boost. Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love writing posts for #WotW, thanks for hosting :)

      Delete
  5. Like that word. So true that its often when you're doubting, that something keeps you blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and usually something that comes from somewhere or someone you weren't expecting.

      Delete
  6. A good word! If you are happy with your blogging don't stop! Do it because it makes you happy xx

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, some comments would be really great!