Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Labour of Love

I wasn't planning to join in with Magic Moments this week, but isn't it just funny how these sort of things just creep up on you?

After the upheaval of having sick people at home all last week and trying to sort out a few jobs yesterday morning, I thought I'd quickly check my emails.  There was one from DD1 who, after school assembly, had sent me a quick message.  Unusual since she normally would text me, but something I've said recently must have sunk in to her head because her email was a picture (I have banned picture texts because we get charged as they aren't covered by our tariff - grrr).  So, she listened (good girl!), but that isn't the magic moment.

Here's the picture





Yes, an award which, if you can't quite make it out, is for Smartest Uniform!  Now I'm quite proud of this, for two reasons.  Not only does she take the whole uniform thing very seriously and make sure hers is correct when other kids her age don't really seem to care, but because my own labour of love has been recognised.  I spend what seems like hours some weeks, washing, ironing and replacing uniforms in chests of drawers and wardrobes, making sure blazers are clean and that my family are well, nicely turned out.  Nobody thanks me (and I don't expect it), but it's just something that I take some satisfaction in doing.  How nice for someone to take notice at last.  Oh, and no, DD1 didn't share her prize with me!

7 comments:

  1. How lovely is this!!! #magicmoments x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a nice thing to be recognised for!

      Delete
  2. What a great way to start the day - chocolate and a certificate! I love the fact that she thought to email it to you straight away too, shows she knows it's a joint effort! Shame you didn't get to share the egg though ;) #magicmoments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was so very pleased with herself. The egg didn't even make it home unopened, but I don't blame her - chunky KitKats are really good!!

      Delete
  3. That's great! Those are the moments that make all that laundry and ironing worth it. From another mother of five :) #magicmoments

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to earn a reward x

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww well done to your daughter and to you!!

    thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments x

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, some comments would be really great!